View Single Post
Old 20-03-2009, 21:10   #33
blazey
God Member

Re: Conflict of interest?

I always feel like when people start saying negative things about religions its like saying negative things about races or cultures and stuff, it makes me feel really uncomfortable.

Not wanting to be part of a religion but I find it pretty offensive when someone starts insisting there isn't a god or whatever if they're being just as preachy as the kind of religious people that try to convert people.

It's fine to dislike that and not believe their is a God, but stating something as fact that you just don't know is the truth really bugs me.

Just thought I'd throw that in there. Though we have an amazing level of tolerance at Lancaster University and have one combined chaplaincy centre for all the different faiths. Don't often come across atheists that are also intolerant. My friend Si is absolutely awful for it but he also has a reputation for getting everything he says in his seminars wrong so he isn't the best thought out person.

If you don't think something exists though then I don't see why you would put that much effort into disliking it. I don't believe in world peace but I don't tend to rant at people who really want it to be possible, not unless I'm drunk anyway but I gave up drinking over a month ago so drunken rants are a thing of my past.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote