View Single Post
Old 20-03-2009, 23:34   #39
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: Conflict of interest?

[quote=Retlaw;694769]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post

'..each day AIDS buries another 5,500 men women and children (in sub-Sarahan Africa.)'

Cold Statistics

I have added a newspaper cutting from the Sunday Express November 1986. Its now March 2009, that makes at 5,500 a day a total of approx 46 million dead.

Why is there any body left at this rate, and its evident that all the so called aid programes have'nt been working.

If religion was any good, then the way the world has been the last 70 odd years, when's the 2nd coming of christ, what was so special 2000 years ago that was worse than today.

Retlaw.
Since H.I.V./A.I.D.S had only been recognised as a disease a few short years by the mid 1980's, and the British tabloids where still frenziedly reporting rumour as fact, when the medical world didn't really know how prevalent the spread of the disease would be, a Daily Express from 1986 probably isn't the right publication to acurately forecast the spread of A.I.D.S.

The latest worldwide figures relate to 2007, and reflect the safer sex message condom use brings, and the available drug cocktails which mean people can live with H.I.V., just as long as you have enough money to purchase those drugs, or have been educated that condoms can lessen the spread of the disease.

AIDS Deaths in Africa -- AFRICA AIDS DEATH COUNT

Worldwide AIDS & HIV Statistics Including Deaths

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote