View Single Post
Old 15-07-2004, 16:46   #10
WillowTheWhisp
Resident Waffler

Re: What’s good about Accrington/Hyndburn, what makes you proud?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
Love it....Don't you just.

Take this mans effort as an opportunity to state your case for what makes you, “YOU” and what makes you Proud about Accrington and your local Heritage... Willow there's got to be more than a ****** car park.

Which incidently I couldn't B***** well find.
I didn't say just one car park Doug. ALL the car parks in Accrington are free and how on earth can you fail to find the main one which is a multi story situated on top of the Arndale? (There are several others dotted around the town.)

One of the things the original builders of the Arndale had to agree to when they wanted to use the old car park for building on was that they would provide an equal number of free parking spaces.

Parking has always been free in Accy and people from other towns have said how they like to be able to come here and park for free ("It's not got car parks ripping you off like what other towns have") so the free car parks in my opinion are saying to the rest of the world that here in Accrington we welcome visitors, don't try to make money out of them and don't rip em off.

If you don't think that's worth being proud of then

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote