Thread: Neighbourhoods
View Single Post
Old 26-03-2009, 07:37   #23
emzy
Senior Member+

Re: Neighbourhoods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamperqueen View Post
Social studies. She's moved around a lot the past few years and is new to the town where she's studying, so although she's seen quite a lot of different types of neighbourhood and can compare them, she's getting a bit stumped on some things.

Some great points on here and good inspiration for her. Some of the people she's been interviewing have said there's a significant change in the behaviour of young people. Some quite shocking stories, such as kids of 11 or 12 trying to steal bikes/purses/a hat! or scrawling graffitti in plain view of adults who dont feel they can tackle them. Do you think this is true or not?
I have had an incident where I spotted some kids leaving their "tag" on my garage door. They saw me but didnt stop. I would have gone out and said something but felt too intimidated too, there was a group of them (from the local high school) and to be honest id rather just leave them than tackle them, dont trust them and fear that they do something else to my house / garden if tackled. Am not scared living where I am but not inviting problems if i can help it.
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote