View Single Post
Old 29-03-2009, 07:24   #41
Redash
God Member

Re: Today's Game at Rotherham

We went into the Faras pub first, the away fans pub, it was already full of Rotherham fans so our coach load filled the place to bursting. You couldn't move so a few of us left and made our way to the Britania, about a hundred yards away, the pub was quiet, empty, had good beer (in glasses) and Wynonie Harris in it. We had a couple of pints then went to the game. I heard later that some Rotherham "fans" tried to kick off with our lot, over Jamie(idle) Clarke, I'm unsure how it ended though.
The stadium was eerie, I doubt if the players could have heard the noise from the ultras, I just couldn't get into the game at all. The Don Valley stadium is definitely not a place to see football, although if you regularly go to the larger premiership/European stadiums, I should think it's similar. The players were so far away, you couldn't recognise any of them until they turned around displaying their numbers.
I think it was a point well earned, and I'm happy with that. And good to meet Haggis also.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote