View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 18:41   #14
planetsusie

Re: Lemon curd, lemon cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Yes, I could never sort out the difference either Lilly. I love it on hot cross buns.

Actually, on request, am going to make some this weekend, used to make it regularly years ago, and have had to go into my mum's recipe book she wrote out for my bottom drawer. (wonder if anyone has one now ?)

3/4 lb granulated sugar.
6 ozs. butter
4 eggs.
3 lemons.

Melt butter in pan, add sugar, grated lemon rind and lemon juice. See that your sugar is thoroughly dissolved, then add well beaten eggs and keep stirring 'till mixture thickens. Pour into warm jars and cover whilst still warm.

Recommends to be made in double pan ... now this is my conundrum .. can't quite remember whether I had a double pan, and brother seems to have thrown my mums out. Think I used to make it in a single pan, but taking care to do things gently, otherwise could finish up with scrambled eggs. Makes about 2 - 1 lb jars (metric conversion available on request)

All recipes are similar, just varying amounts of the ingredients. Really easy and just love the fresh tang of the lemons. Eeeew, can't wait now.

Bet my mum makes it better like.
planetsusie is offline   Reply With Quote