View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009, 22:59   #30
cherokee
God Member

Re: Mobility Scooters

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
This is true. A few years ago Police were stopping old biddies in Cleveleys and random eye testing them, not breath testing, due to the high number of accidents involving pensioners. These biddy chariots should only be licensed for the use of registered disabled people and then only after a driving test. The vast majority who drive them are a menace and quite a few just overweight or plain lazy and shouldn't be using them at all.

Maybe you should stop and think just how many people you are offending with that statement yerself. I personally find it quite insulting.

My brother uses one of those machines and he is far from being an "OLD BIDDY" as you so called refer to them . Hes only late 40s sadly his disability means he NEEDS his and relies on it to stop him becoming a recluse.
He has worked all his life so cant be classed as LAZY or OVERWIEGHT nor is he blind . There are also many people out there using them in similar positions .
I do agree that some of the elderly that use them are partialy sighted and should be sight tested before being allowed to purchase one and also be given basic driving instruction after a certain age and esp if they have never driven .

My mother also used one before she died and she wast an old biddy either. early 50s very similar circumstances to my brother. infact she was the person who instigated the lowering of pavements around Ossy to enable easier access

I have met Granny Claret and she also isnt an old biddy but does have difficulty getting around, and without hers she would be limited to her home, so they also give people a lot of independance and rather than them becoming LAZY and plodding round the house all day long they can get off thier backsides and enjoy life to its fullest.

I may also need one myself in a few years time but it certainly wont be becasue im an old biddy, lazy , blind or lack knowledge of using the road .Nor will i be registered disabled. but simply because I have a disability that is slowly limiting me getting around the way I have always been used to. and im damned if I will vegitate because someone like yerself thinks I should.

Last edited by cherokee; 04-04-2009 at 23:01.
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote