View Single Post
Old 07-04-2009, 07:46   #23
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: Parkinson's Disease Society new local group

On behalf of the Hyndburn and Ribble Valley Parkinson's Disease Group I'd like to thank Hyndburn Borough Council, who have very kindly granted us £250.00 to help with the start up costs involved with running this support group for anyone who's been touched by Parkinson's.

Until we are able to raise more of our own funds this will enable us to run the group and not charge people for attending, which I feel is very important, as many people are living on a tight budget because of the illness. It also means we'll be able to let more people know we are there if they need any help or support from the PDS.

My personal thanks to Cllr. Britcliffe, who alerted me to the fact that some help may be available if I applied to the council.

The next full meeting is on Saturday 2nd May, in the Supper Room, Accrington Town Hall, 11.30am - 1.30pm. There is wheelchair access via the lift.

For anyone who might be in the Ribble Valley there's also a meet and greet at the Rose & Crown, Castle Street, Clitheroe, on April 22nd, 7 - 9pm.

A warm welcome will be extended to everyone at both events.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote