View Single Post
Old 07-04-2009, 21:25   #80
neilhaj

Re: Sky news players charged bury game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redash View Post
I am absolutely gutted by this. Players from my team, betting against my team. The FA would not have released the names if they was any doubt of their guilt ( they would leave themselves open to all sorts of legal isues). I’m not bothered if it was £5 £50 or £500,000, the point is, they gambled on my team losing.
Now I think back how often has this betting against Stanley, by Stanley players, been going on.
Cavanagh is often romping forward and leaving the defence vulnerable on the counter attack, like last Saturday against Lincoln Phil had to move out to the right to cover for Cavanagh, leaving a massive hole in the centre for the Lincoln players to exploit. How many times has this happened? As the club captain he should set and lead by example. (I’m not saying the Lincoln match was dodgy, I’m just citing an example that will be fresh in the minds of others)
Williams and Harris, how many needless penalties, free kicks, and sending offs have they been involved with.
Was Mannix useless on purpose? Did Mangan keep running to the wing so he wouldn’t be in a scoring position?
I hope the FA ban them all from football stadiums for life. Never to play, never to manage and never to watch.
I've kept quiet all day till i've calmed down which isn't happening until i get a few things off my chest. I'm with redash on this btw. how long has this been going on? how does everyone feel paying into games knowing that stanley aren't going to win and the players have aledgedly already decided the outcome of the game? The biggest thing that is bugging me is that these will not be the only players to have had bet, they just will not be able to prove the rest!
neilhaj is offline   Reply With Quote