View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 12:03   #122
afrikaaner

Re: Sky news players charged bury game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Spot on, mate. totally poleaxed by this...didn't sleep much last night...previous matches and incidents keep playing over in my head...missed open goals and penalties...matches that we were winning only to lose in the last few minutes...maybe all completely innocent, but who knows now?

Also keep thinking about all the waiting in the rain at bus stops...standing on freezing station platforms...rushing up to Accy on dark, depressing Tuesday nights...Saturday afternoons spent in dismal places like Mansfield and Burslem...and for what?...to have this thrown in my face?

The mickey-taking has already started from other fans, but that doesn't bother me...after 49 years supporting the Stanley I've grown used to it. It didn't worry me when I was going to Peel Park in the mid-60s with a few dozen other lunatics, while anyone with any semblance of sanity had long gone. It didn't bother me when I was going on the Crown in the 70's, while anyone who wanted to watch "proper" football went elsewhere.

What does bother me is the thought that members of my own team might have been taking the mickey out of me and the rest of us...now that hurts...that really hurts.
got to agree with you wynonie h,it just makes you wonder about other results ???????????????????????????????????????????????
afrikaaner is offline   Reply With Quote