Thread: Missing dog
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 22:12   #19
forceten

Re: Missing dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Because the owner of the dog should make sure it can't get out, unless they want to pay £70 that is.

Neil, I have to say that I think you are being a little heartless here.

I used to have a dog (had to have him put to sleep last month as he had cancer and other ailments and his age was against him), and sometimes when people delivered leaflets through my door, they didn't shut the gate on the drive behind them. I've let the dog out, and then had to go after him when he has got out, by thoughtless, selfless people leaving a gate open.

If the gate is shut, and you have to open it to go in, then commensense and good manners say that you shut it when you leave.

If you are disabled, then yes, the binmen will come up your drive and take your bin for you, and then return it to where you left it, but at the same time, if they went through a shut gate, then they should shut it when they go out.

This could have been a child!!

Jae, I do hope that you manage to get your dog back, and if he is at Aspden, then he will be looked after, as that is where I took my dog when I went on holiday, and they are lovely people