Thread: The Coppice
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2009, 15:28   #32
Retlaw
I am Banned

Re: The Coppice

I’m quite distressed at that comment Walter; (if I may call you Walter) You can call me what you want, I usually answer to ugly bastard

At least 10 of my relatives including 3 Great Grandfathers served in the Great War as did great uncles and distant cousins at least 3 of them served with the Pal’s as did the Yorkshire contingent of the family.

When you do kark ??????? it I really do hope and trust that your work and that of those before you is passed on to someone who will care for it and preserve it for future generations, after all both you and Andrew or only custodians of something that bears the breath and fabric of at least 3 generations of our own people irrespective of whether they served with the few who made that sacrifice. I say a few because many more local lads served and died with many other regiments as you know.

I've been collating all this information for years, and spent 100's of hours in libraries and public record offices. Apart from sources of information which have now been either lost or destroyed, I am not the custodian, I just want to get it all together for my own satisfaction, if I can help people to find a long lost relative OK, but I'll be dammed it I will let Jackson have it. Most of the information is still out there in libraries and record offices. It just needs knowledge to find it.

William Turner beore he died, gave me his computer & left all his collection to me and the library, with a proviso certain persons could not have access.

I’m sorry you can’t see eye to eye because you both have the respect and gratitude of many people the world over.

I'm not interested in so called prestige of having a web site, just so some bone idle gits can rip off my work.

I met one of those in the library some years back, I had collected a lot of Accrringon's history in a lap top, when lap tops were like 1/2 dozen house bricks. This little git found out what I was doing and started pestering me for it, I got fed up with him so I said watch this C:\ Format
wiped the hard drive in front of him, he was livid, told him to f off, I knew what his game was, I do all the work and he gets all the credit.

I am quite capable of doing it again, if I thought he would get his hands on it.

Retlaw.

Think on; you are the custodians of our heritage and words like “I’ll burn it first” hurt. You should know better to Andrew.[/quote]
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote