Thread: The Coppice
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2009, 16:48   #34
churchman phil

Re: The Coppice

I'm so sorry you feel that way Retlaw. You have provided me with info and I have reciprocated with some photo's - and I thanked you at the time for that.
If everybody was able to spend the time searching for things like what you do then there are a lot of other things that wouldn't be done.

I am a walk leader for Hyndburn Ramblers, I am on the committee too, but if I had the attitude you seem to take then I would be saying "If you want a walk in the country go yourself, why should I lead?". I lead because I know others don't have the confidence to do so or maybe they can't read a map so don't know how to follow paths. It is all my choice to volunteer to help them enjoy something they would otherwise be ignorant of.

Maybe some people don't understand search criteria on the web - it can get confusing. Maybe when they look at some websites the amount of info is so confusing they just don't understand what they need to do.

If you are able to help those who can't do it by themselves then I think you should seriously think about doing so. If, like you say, you would rather destroy valuable information collated together in one place just for the sake that you don't uphold a difference of opinion then I think it is very small-minded and selfish of you.
If, like you say, the information is already out there then you are indeed to be commended for your efforts and I, for one, would be one of the first to do so. There are a hell of a lot of people who would love to be able to do this type of thing but cannot do so for innumerable reasons.

I have already stated that I personally think your attitude to destroy the work is wrong and seriously hope you have a change of heart. The subject matter is surely the one that should make you see that life is too short for vendetta's. They lead to Wars....

Last edited by churchman phil; 10-04-2009 at 16:50. Reason: typo
churchman phil is offline   Reply With Quote