Thread: The Coppice
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 11:27   #41
Retlaw
I am Banned

Re: The Coppice

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchman phil View Post
I was an engineer too and have the exact same attitude retlaw. However I also seem to have the attitude that if it's a work of art and a masterpiece that's exact and what the specification required then show it off and receive the praise it's due.
How many great artists would there be if their works were stuffed in a cupboard or destroyed??
-------------------
I don't need or seek the praise of others, when I do some thing, the only person to satisfy is me.

I've learnt that if you show other people your good at some thing, they want one for nowt. I've got several models I've made in my workshop when I was into model engineering, no one outside family has ever seen them, nor will they. I'm satisfied, which is all that matters.
Bill Turner was on at me several times to attend talks and functions with him, but I declined, I can't stand the verbal bull, and all that kudos and praise is false to me. I don't like it or need it.

---------------------------------
The only thing is you can't stop people from typing it out by hand.
Fair enough If I can spend all that time creating it, then they can spend the time trying to copy it

All the work I have already given to the library is printed on red paper, it won't photo copy, if they want to transcribe it then they'l have to work for it, not handed it on a plate.

Retlaw.

Last edited by Retlaw; 11-04-2009 at 11:32.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote