Neil
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Sky news players charged bury game

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
Doesn't say they have too though does it so by the books the club is not doing anything wrong! Even though people see different!

Think of it this way. If I do something at work that is classed as gross misconduct, maybe I repair a machine and make it unsafe, the management find out and start to investigate. I am not suspended and allowed to carry on repairing machines unsafely while they investigate the accusation. They then have a formal disciplinary hearing, I am found to be at fault and dismissed from the company.

I then take them to tribunal and win because I was not suspended on these grounds - If the management thought my actions warranted dismissal from the company why did they allow me to keep repairing the machines while they decided if I was doing it unsafely?

In the case of these footballers there has been a breakdown in trust between the management and the employee. This is grounds for dismissal. The management can not trust the players to not break the rules and bet on their own games. They have been accused of doing so and should not play again until the investigation is over.

How can they be sacked because the management can not trust them not to break the rules, if they have still allowed them to play while under investigation.

I suspect if they are found guilty they will be either paid off to leave the club or just paid for doing nothing until there contract ends. This would save them losing at tribunal for procedural errors.