View Single Post
Old 20-04-2009, 22:22   #84
katex
Resting in Peace

Re: Britain's Got Talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Ender View Post
The saxophonist was good but no better than any you'd find in any good orchestra. The soprano sax is a bit unusual and he played an evocative piece of music but I didn't think he was particularly outstanding.
Not sure West Ender .. not an expert on saxophonists, but was just the whole picture to me .. his personality, dress ... x-factor stuff. That's what gets people noticed. As Susan Boyle .. decent voice .. just different from the rest of the glam. vocalists seeking fame and fortune.... ex-factor again. There are lots of people in choirs and backing groups who are just as good as the well-known singers ... luck of the draw.

Sure he is pretty good as far as saxophonists are concerned .. had been playing for years, and a music teacher to boot.

Didn't enjoy the young lad though ... always a little strange when these young people have a voice beyond their years ... the songs don't quite match their immaturity somehow. Bordering on the edge of precautiousness . a quality I don't like ... different than confidence.

Last edited by katex; 20-04-2009 at 22:25.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote