View Single Post
Old 21-04-2009, 15:57   #18
Less
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Does TV Rule Your Life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothernature View Post
I asked my other half the other day why he watches a lot of TV programmes like Soaps, Jeremy Kyle type programmes, war programmes and things like the Simpsons. He says he watches (what I would only term as trash) because they are on and there is nothing better to do. This made me wonder how many other people watch TV for the same reason. Am I one of the few that actually watches a programme because I am interested in it and when the programme has ended I will go and do something else. Personally I've always thought TV has too much of a hold on people and never allowed it to be on during the day except for Saturdays sport. I would much rather have the radio on or listen to music than sit watching a box in the corner.
I was blessed with a wife similar to you, except she didn't notice that no matter what I might want to watch she always insisted that HER soaps should take priority.

Yes, I did and still do watch rubbish, but now seven years after the silly girl has left me I can honestly say, I don't watch her weekly or omnibus rubbish, I hardly watch any Sci-Fi, because now I can choose, I usually watch factual programmes, they weren't even allowed as a choice!

Thank goodness for sanity and no more female logic!

P.S. How come you had to ask him? Shouldn't you have been telling him what to watch?

Last edited by Less; 21-04-2009 at 16:01.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote