View Single Post
Old 23-04-2009, 19:14   #57
Eric
God Member

Re: What sort of bird is this??

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Eric I wasn't criticising your lot at all mate, I was merely pointing out that over here people look a what goes on in other country's and pass judgement. As you are probably aware we have more than our fair share of tree huggers over here, that just don't understand the concept of real life necessities. I'm a great lover of nature, but would never think of pressing my thoughts on people who are directly effected by the over running of nature which interferes with their everyday lives
Guess I over reacted ... sorry about that ... nothing personal intended .... but it does bug us over here when Paul McBeatle shows picutres of baby harp seals, and talks of boycotting Canadian products ... baby seals (and baby bears) are cute and cudly; but the adult harp seals, if unculled, could destroy a fishery already sorely hurt by overfishing. And the fishery is the livelihood of thousands of Nefoundlanders. An unculled seal population could eat so much fish, that subsequent generations of seals would suffer starvation, and die in much larger numbers than those our govt sets for the cull.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote