View Single Post
Old 23-04-2009, 19:43   #58
jaysay
Resting in Peace

Re: What sort of bird is this??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Guess I over reacted ... sorry about that ... nothing personal intended .... but it does bug us over here when Paul McBeatle shows picutres of baby harp seals, and talks of boycotting Canadian products ... baby seals (and baby bears) are cute and cudly; but the adult harp seals, if unculled, could destroy a fishery already sorely hurt by overfishing. And the fishery is the livelihood of thousands of Nefoundlanders. An unculled seal population could eat so much fish, that subsequent generations of seals would suffer starvation, and die in much larger numbers than those our govt sets for the cull.
Exactly my point Eric, that's why I never had an opinion about banning hunting the with dogs issue over here, you don't see too many Toffs (as Mancie calls um) riding though Hyndburn on horseback, chasing foxy woxy, but I have seen the carnage they leave in a hen house, and believe me its not nice, and insistently that carnage was in Ossy too, about the only time I've spewed my guts up when not ****ed, a bloody horrible site, and I mean bloody