View Single Post
Old 27-04-2009, 20:05   #301
VALAIRIAN
God Member

Smile Re: Mullers Gone To Bantams

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
I think that Paul still has a tremendous amount to offer the club.

He is the ultimate professional, trains well, lives well, tries hard - if every other player was to follow his example we'd romp the league. I think that he is a crakcer to have around the squad if only for the younger lads to learn from.

Unfortunately though, I do remember the sad decline of Paul Beck. Such a talisman in his day but went on a season and a half too long. That said, he once came off the bench at 3-0 down to Hyde United (a good side that year) and scored a 15 minute hat-trick!

I think Mullers role should be from the bench and could be all the difference when defending a slender lead with ten minutes left - or to go 4-3-3 when losing by the odd goal.

Whether that role is commensurate with being the squads top earner (or as close as dammit (or probably not at all cos I know nothing and live in the clouds) is for the board to decide.
As always Macca, a fair assessment and post Mullers would (Speaking to one or two on Saturday) be great for the Lindfields and Turners to learn from P.S. Good to meet up with you at the O.S.C Do - names - faces Etc.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web