View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 08:50   #1
Sparkologist
I am Band

David Lloyd playing for Accrington CC.

I have it on good authority that the esteemed David Lloyd, of Accrington, Lancashire & England is once again turning out for his home-town team this weekend.

Accrington are at home on Saturday 2nd of May, hosting Todmorden at Thorneyholme Road. The game starts at 1:15pm. Come and sample the hospitality and enjoy a game of cricket featuring local legend, David Lloyd.

On Sunday 3rd of May, Accrington travel to Rawtenstall, playing at Bacup Rd.

Last Sunday, April 26th, Accy had a nail-biting last over win against local rivals, Rishton.
Rishton got off to a slow but steady start with Rishton captain Andy Bartley anchoring the top of the innings, facing some hostile bowling from Accy's Jimmy Hayhurst, scoring 29 runs in the process.
The runs then flowed mid innings for Rishton with Craig Smith scoring 56 and Sam Hacking scoring a rapid 57, in a century stand. It appeared that Accy would be on the receiving end of a hiding, possibly chasing 260 runs, batting second. Accrington's ever dependable captain, David Ormerod, and sub-professional, Will Driver, dried up the flow of runs, sharing the last six wickets for only 32 runs. Rishton posted 208 runs, batting first.

Accrington opened with Paul Carroll and sub-pro, Will Driver. Caz played his usual swing & miss cameo innings, scoring 12. Accy's second wicket fell next ball with a casual shot from Stuart Crabtree offering catching practice to Rishton's Jon Harvey at mid-off. This brought Accy's unlikely star for the day, Graeme Sneddon, to the wicket. Snedds grafted for an unbeaten 69 runs, sharing stands of 44 with Graham LLoyd, 37 with Matt Wilson and a crucial 66 runs for the 7th wicket with James Ormerod. The winning runs were knocked off with only 4 deliveries left, by Jimmy Hayhurst.
Graeme Sneddon carried his bat for his highest Lancashire League score of 69 not out, proving his potential is beginning to bear fruit.

12 points for Accy on the opening day of the 2009 season, I'll take that!

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!

Last edited by Sparkologist; 01-05-2009 at 08:56.
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web