View Single Post
Old 22-07-2004, 05:02   #64
Darby

Re: East Lancashire decline

This thread seems to be going round in circles and now we, like Accrington, are going nowhere.

A summary would be too difficult to perform, but suffuce it to say, a lot of us have spoken honestly and tried to evaluate the percieved problem of Accrington and make a comparison with the decline of other local towns.
Apart from sniping, caused mainly through misunderstanding of a few posts, I don't think we would ever reach a consensus on anything about the perceived problems. Whether you live in Accy or have lived in Accy.
If you have lived in Accy you probably have a better perspective, and if you live in Accy you are part of the problem. And I don't mean that any of us on here are a problem, but that you start to ingnore some things you see happening after a while. Perhaps its better to say that "a gradual change isn't noticed so much as an instant change".
With respect to JW, for this forum to try to resolve or even identify Accy's perceived problems is, to put it mildly, very adventurous.

I'm sorry if some of you don't like my opinion, but I'm just trying to get things into perspective.
Darby is offline   Reply With Quote