View Single Post
Old 13-05-2009, 15:21   #27
Boeing Guy
JFT96

Re: Smoking ban - Sheesh!

As a ex smoker, I for one like the ban, I can go and have a nice meal, without some person smoking on the table next to me. I can go out to the pub and come home without needing to shower before bed and wash all my clothes.

The difference is very noticeable, as I work in Morocco, a country where they smoke a heck of a lot, I don't enjoy eating out there and my eyes sting in all the pubs.

The passengers on our planes even smoke in the toilets, this might seem like a bit of 'no victim' rule breaking, but if you don't put your cigarette out properly and throw it in the waste bin, you will start a fire, those sorts of thing bring aircraft down, it has happened in the past and will happen in the future. We just ban smokers caught in the toilets.

But to return to the original post, I have only seen those pipes in Morocco, it does seem crazy that an establishment set up for the purpose of this should be closed.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote