View Single Post
Old 13-05-2009, 23:49   #78
carpon
Full Member+

Re: Player Wages and Availability

With regard to Charnock, I'd have thought Posh would want to clear the decks having been promoted and would accept a knock down bid?? The £50K they quoted at the time of his loan move to Stanley may have dropped???

Does their promotion to the championship mean they would get the championship cut of Brum's parachute payment or league 1's cut ??

However that said, with a 25% wage cut, despite the proposed changes to the wage stucture (i.e. pay as you play incentives) it don't half make Coley's job even tougher.

Having been on the Bury message board, quite a few of their fans think that either Andy Morrell or Glyn Hurst "may be released" I'd certainly love to see Morrell at Stanley, but again it's the wages chestnut!! (apparently he turned down a league one outfit prior to signing for Bury last term, so they must have being paying him top dollar)

As for Conlon, I'm sure Grimsby would probably want his services. A good target man, always scores wherever he plays.But again wages.

Lee Hughes released by Oldham....probably would want astronomical wages and I'm not sure the bad boy image would go down too well.

Obviously it's an intersting time, when all clubs release player's no longer wanted.But as said before,with 25% cut off the wage bill, Coley's job in bringing new faces to Stanley will probably make the labours of Hercules look like a walk in the park !!!

Keepin' the faith in Coley !!!

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote