View Single Post
Old 19-05-2009, 19:06   #4
Restless
Senior Member+

Re: Hometrader Properties

unfortunately i have. I have been in my 'luxury appartment' on scaitliffe street for a week and i am regretting it immensly.

This is what happened.

monday
Guy tells me £150 is to 'withold property for 4 weeks' while i decide to move in and is non-refundable. Turns out this holds the property for 7 days while they do their credit checks(may not even get the property) Foolishly i started my downslide and gave the £150 'deposit'

Tuesday 6pm
I am happy with the apartment, its spacious and it looks cool so i ask him about sound because i am a songwriter and he says it has been 'soundproofed' I give him £395 for a months rent and he drives off

Tuesday 9pm

BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG

I text him and say i want my the rent back i have changed my mind.. he refuses

Wednesday

I decide to check it out for a month and mum and dad got me furniture and i move in
NONE STOP BANGING... alll the banging is is walking around upstairs and kids jumping up and down hmmm and the occasional wrestling match. I complain and the guy only says 'if they dont stop they will have to move out'

Thursday
I get a letter saying ' thanks for you application and if you are sucessfull a mutual date will be set for you to move in the property when you give a months rent' WAIT didnt i just do that on the tuesday??????

Its been hell since then... various things about the place that is horrible. The shower goes from boiling hot to freezing cold at what seems is random making it pretty impossible to have a shower.

Saturday a girl turns up at my door and says do you live here, I say yes, she says she is here to view the property. I let her in to view the apartment and the horrible banging and told her about how crap it is.

So i looked at a house in clayton today and decided to cut my losses