View Single Post
Old 22-05-2009, 10:05   #35
jaysay
Resting in Peace

Re: Where Do I Vote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clare Pritchard View Post
Jaysay,

The irony is that she was one of his biggest fans !!!! Its only when he started acting like an idiot that she stopped voting for him. She's one strong lady my Mother-In-Law and it'd take more than me to change her mind. So I suppose you could say that he, by assuming she was Labour, indirectly canvassed for us !!!!! There's a first time for everything I suppose !!!!!!! I always knock on every door too, just because they might not vote for you doesn't mean you shouldn't listen to them, you are still there to represent them.
Well you have a point about knocking on every door, but when you have represented an area for as long as Peter you tend to know where your vote is and isn't, but in my experience over many years, I find that canvassing (especially today with wards being bigger) can become very tedious to say the least, so I can't really see any point in calling on any one person who is a committed supporter of your opposition. In fact I learnt the hard way over forty years ago when I regularly got abuse on the doorstep, I would dearly love Labour politicians calling on me, I would gratefully keep them talking for hours, because whilst they're talking to me they ain't talking to anybody else