View Single Post
Old 29-05-2009, 15:08   #40
John_Timmins
God Member

Re: Winding up proceedings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Apparently Rochdale had one of these a couple of years ago. It was repaid and that was that. The issue is, how do we repay it? I would presume that this hasn't come out of the blue and that the club have known it was coming for some time. I would therefore hope that the new budgeting structure was arranged with this in mind and a plan will be in place to repay the money over a period of time, but like I said before, who knows?

One of the few who speak sense on here anymore....

Grimsby have also been in this position when the sky digital went bust, they where given around 7 years to pay off 700k, the inland revenue will want the club to carry on trading as this is their best chance of them getting their cash.

It would be easy for the club to go into admin and write of these debts although we would get 10 points deducted, it is much harder work to try and ensure the club carry on as we are and honour the current debts which have been run up

The wording of this news is worse than the actual reality,
Although its not good...this may give some people in accrington a kick up their arses to support their local team if they want a league team in accrington

Keep the faith