View Single Post
Old 29-05-2009, 22:18   #172
Lilly
God Member

Re: Britain's Got Talent

I missed it when it was on as we had a power cut.

However, I saw Hollies second performance live and have since watched her first performance on youtube.

I think what happened is a shame and we will never know if she would have got through to the final anyway if she hadn't broken down. That happening has just given the school bullies a chance to taunt her further by saying she only got through because folk felt sorry for her......but that might not have been the case, we will never know. I did feel sorry for the other guy that the judges chose her over because as soon as he heard his name against Hollie he probably thought he'd no chance but he may not have had anyway, we will never know.

I didn't think it was Hollie's nerves that gave way. I took it to be that she started singing well and then missed a couple of words, she mumbled into the microphone that she'd like to start again but the music kept playing and by this time she'd lost her place, realised she'd fluffed, panicked and started crying.

I think that this must have happened to hundreds of singers and actors or we wouldn't have shows like 'It'll be Alright on the Night'..........ok these people usually fluff in rehearsal rather than on the live performance but there you go. It happens.

My children watched tonight with me and it did make uncomfortable viewing but I turned it into a positive by saying how brave she was to ask to do it again and not just run off and refuse to come out again.

How do we know what would have happened if another contestant broke down? That hasn't happened.

I don't think it shouild be made over 16s only.......the Welsh fella was shaking something shocking and cried a lot (but not on the live show) and nobody started saying that Welsh men in their 40s should be banned from entering BGT.

I'm quite confident that tonight was a one off and that Hollie will be fine tomorrow.