View Single Post
Old 31-05-2009, 21:21   #5
Retlaw
I am Banned

Re: One-off plastering job

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenibrindle View Post
By stripped I mean I've removed all the wallpaper - not knocked back to brickwork! Phew! Am not that energetic! I've also removed wallpaper from ceiling but have no problems wallpapering this again as I'm told this is v. tricky to plaster. There was one wall that the plaster came off with the wallpaper & hubby gave this a layer of plaster. However, not a plasterer himself, the finish is not great. Just want all four walls skimmed over to have smooth surface that I can paint whatever colour takes my fancy without stripping the room over and over again.

Also, at Christmas we had a log burning stove installed. The builders plastered any damage to the chimney and we have tiled the fireplace so there are no holes/repair work needed, IMO.
Does hubby's plastering stand proud of the original surface and a little bit uneven, you could get it level again by sanding, bit of a dusty job, you need a flat orbital sander, there is a special (lets call it sandpaper, but its not) it comes in sheets like sandpaper but its a mesh like material, black in colour and its good on plaster.

Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote