View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009, 17:47   #42
Barrie Yates
Senior Member+

Re: Managing Depression - Any Advice????

I have a fantastic GP here in France - i go for a renewal prescription every 6 months and that results in a full medical exam, usually I am in his office for at least 30 minutes.
He diagnosed clinical depression last October, - it was approaching my late wife's 70th birthday, 3 years after loosing her and the approach of what would have been our Golden Wedding. I was seriously contemplating suicide.
He tried me on Prozac - after 2 weeks i went back to him and told him I felt even worse, so he prescribed Seruplex - a milder form.
I decided that I should allow the Prozac to clear my system , but in doing so realised that if depression medication meant feeling that bad then I was not going to be depressed - clinically, or otherwise - I did not take the Seruplex. I made sure that I kept myself busy and did not mope around. Now I am fine, but each one to their own. Please get medical help and talk it through - but then examine yourself. There is no single cure, each person requires a different solution _ TG I found mine. Good luck and best wishes to any and all of you.
Barrie Yates is offline   Reply With Quote