View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009, 20:44   #46
glasgow guy
Senior Member+

Re: Managing Depression - Any Advice????

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
See I'm the opposite, I'm worse around people.
I can relate to that 100%...

given that we are kinda baring our souls here I will pitch in too..

I have suffered from bad depression for several years now and have been on and off medication for it, spoke to many a doctor etc...had the councelling (sp) for it and yes it did help to a certain extent but I do still have some days where I just need to be on my own..
back in the very 'dark days' I would sit and think of the best way to end it all -
having been in that situation it was only the thoughts of someone who and how they would be after it all that stopped me..you may say it was bottle but who knows...
at that point it was time to see someone who could sort my head out ..alot of talking happened, then alot more and yet more again..slowly I began to realise that some things werent as bad as they seemed and I could reason with things and people I guess...I cant say what would have happened for definate had I not gone to see the docs but to say they helped me would be
such and understatement...
I will say that a holiday is great as it felt like such a weight off my shoulders just to get up and go out and not think of anything in particular to do..
you started to help youself by talkking on here..
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web