Neil
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: BBC Secrecy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
I don't like adverts...on some channels there are adverts for up to 7 mins...a 30min BBC replay can be over 40 minutes on an independent channel...the TV license is not bad value when you match it up to most SKY packages.
But you are forced to pay it, with Sky you have a choice.

Why do the BBC keep starting new channels and new radio stations?
Also why are the BBC doing all the internet stuff they are now doing. They are supposed to provide unique TV programs, they don't need half a dozen TV channels and lots of DAB radio programs for that.

The internet side of things may be very good but how are commercial companies supposed to complete with it when they are not handed £billions every year?

We don't need the likes of Jonathan Ross being paid £millions to have a good TV program. If ITV want to pay him that much then fine, the BBC should be showcasing new artists and giving them a foothold into mainstream TV.

No need for all the reality TV rubbish, the other stations do that so its not very unique and can only be provided by the TV licence is it?

As far as I am concerned the BBC has got to big and inefficient, just like all Government owned companies. I am in two minds if it should stand on its own or be downsized.

We don't need all those TV channels showing repeats all the time. The annoying thing is that they don't repeat the new stuff at different times during the week on its extra channels.

Maybe we need to go to BBC1, BBC News, a childrens channel and 2 or 3 national radio stations only.