View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 07:19   #60
andrewb
God Member

Re: LCC Election results

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
He doesn't seem to have a mind, merely a prejudice. In one of his posts, he suggested that the swing to the far right represents a rejection of Labour ... I just don't see this as possible. When the electorate rejects a social democratic party, it moves to the right, which, in the case of Britain, would be the Conservative Party. They don't flee to the nutbar fringe ...
Some of those voters that will never vote Conservative can and do move to the BNP as they have left wing policies. It's not just me who has this view, it was said by countless people including Labour politicians and BBC presenters.

A poll conducted by YouGov said:
Quote:
59 per cent of BNP voters think that Labour "used to care about the concerns of people like me but doesn’t nowadays".
and

Quote:
In the country at large, professional workers outnumber manual workers by 20 per cent to 18 per cent. Among BNP voters the pattern is very different: 36 per cent manual workers, 11 per cent professionals.
The working class of course were the people the Labour party claimed to stand up for.

You're not wrong in what you say, people are leaving Labour to support the Conservatives at the next general election. However some of them are going to the BNP too or simply not voting, which has allowed them to get the MEP's.
And Cashman.. I said phased in my first post.

Last edited by andrewb; 11-06-2009 at 07:22.
andrewb is offline   Reply With Quote