View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 07:34   #5
katex
Resting in Peace

Re: How far would you commute

I spent 16 years doing 30 miles into Manchester and later north of Manchester, besides the 1,000's miles traveling the U.K. (sometimes abroad) to visit customers. Would not mind at all doing more than this. Only took me no more than 40 minutes, especially when the M65 opened. When I went M66/M62 (then) saw the same people every morning waiting in the queue around Whitfield, had quite a social thing going..

When I finished up working in Ossy .. found this more tiring doing the 3 miles, due to traffic up Whalley Road at Clayton and Henry Street Church. Was still going out on the road though, so this compensated.

I never thought that it was a waste of my life Margaret, always loved driving and seeing people every morning and the parts of our country which I would never have seen if it hadn't been for my job. Even driving around London never failed to hold a fascination for me, never tired of our famous landmarks, and the hustle, bustle of pedestrians. Have to relax to it, and get the best from it you can.

I have really got withdrawal symptons, and miss it terribly.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote