Thread: Kenny Arthur
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 20:39   #67
Revived Red
Senior Member+

Re: Kenny Arthur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colmeister View Post
I've read a few posts recently talking about how we should be aiming to be an ambitious League side - surely Stanley already are - their ambition with such a low player budget has to be first and foremost to stay in the league. Anything beyond that is a bonus.
I certainly have posted several times in recent years, and indeed in this thread, about us being an ambitious League club. The realist in me wants to agree with you. But I can't. If we accept the status quo, we will never improve. Surely we have reached our present situation by being ambitious; otherwise we would still be in the Unibond.

In my most recent post, I used the words League club, which is more than a League side. Part of the ambition that we must have - and display - is to improve the player budget; indeed to improve all aspects of the club : management, administration, playing. That is what I mean by ambition. If we don't try to improve in all aspects, we will soon stagnate. Let's not forget that we are considered by many to be something of a "Mickey Mouse" team. We must work hard to get rid of that image. We must be seen to be ambitious.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote