Thread: Kenny Arthur
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 15:19   #74
Revived Red
Senior Member+

Re: Kenny Arthur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colmeister View Post
Revived - wasn't you I was referring too. And in fact I actually with your sentiments. My own side is effectively I guess a mickey mouse club yet with the smallest budget in the league finished runners up in the league twice in the last 9 years.

My post was purely referring to the current situation. The fact that the club is £300k in debt and having to pay back £25k per month means that the ambition (for the present moment at least) is to simply remain in league football.

However, a year down the line if Stanley are still a div 2 club and the debt is all gone then, there is no reason why Stanley's ambitions can't change to that of a club aiming for the play-offs. I've seen it happen up here with a far smaller club and it can happen for Stanley too. We finished 2nd purely because our manager had superb contacts and brought real class to a side that effectively had no real budget. (and oh how that riles the so-called 'bigger sides' who harped on about us having no right to even be in the league). The same can be achieved with Stanley if the manager signs players wisely, but in the meatime I just wanna see the club survive in League 2 and see where we go from there.
Thanks, Col. Yes, I reckon that fundamentally we are in agreement. As Macca says, let's do all we can to ensure survival in the coming season and then ..... .
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote