View Single Post
Old 23-06-2009, 22:08   #61
ukcowboy
God Member

Re: A.S.F.C. FF Bid.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Is the ASSF a bit like The Freemasons?
Less than two months ago, when the ASSF was first suggested by the likes of Ilyas,Rob etc,most of the people who regularly frequent this board were all for the idea.

A PUBLIC meeting was held at Ilyas's home and from that the ASSF was 'born',again much hailed by most on here.

I,amongst others, were able to attend that meeting,a lot of people were unable to attend due to work and/or family commitments.However from that first meeting a group of us volunteered to form the ASSF committee and try to push forward for the good of ASFC.

From that first meeting the people who volunteered thier time and commitment to the cause had to act swiftly and form a company, with Directors (chosen from the people who had volunteered),Chair,Treasurer,Secretary etc.

Meetings were also held with Solicitors so that everything could and would be done legally......................All of this was done with the sole intention of making sure our Club would not go to the wall.

Once again,most people on here were supportive and excited by the whole idea.

These things take time and effort to ensure that everything is above board and legal,just as Macca has said in His earlier post.

Now, IMHO, to be likened to the 'Freemasons' is a huge insult to those people who are trying to ensure Stanley's future as a Football Club,we are NOT being 'secretive', and nor are we 'witholding information' from anyone, it is exactly as Macca has pointed out, there is NOTHING CONCERETE to report.

Whilst I understand everyones concern, please,please refrain from using such nonsensical remarks as the one quoted above, as it neither helpful nor a realistic appraisal of the situation. Lets stick together on this one,it was never going to be easy,but progress is possible if we all PULL in the same direction.

I am not spokes person for the ASSF, however I am a member of the committee (and proud to be involved), and Im sorry but I took exception to TM's post, hence this reply.

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web