View Single Post
Old 28-06-2009, 19:27   #308
katex
Resting in Peace

Re: Planning Applications

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Me thinks that 99.99999% of the GP don't give a damn about planning kate, unless it affects them that is
Agree to a certain extent Jaysay. It is human nature to take an interest in buildings in your area that would affect you, like large extension to the house next door oveshadowing your own home, planning for a drug centre which may affect the price of your property, new supermarkets which may tread on your toes, transport systems which may take away the parking from outside your front door and change of use to nearby shops.

I think now though there is a slight rise in interest in general applications for the regeneration of our town ... because more information has become available. Years ago ... us working class would not be aware that we could have a say in what the council intended and wouldn't think our voices expressing opinion would have any clout. Now, however, it is there through the media, and through the internet. That is why I am so annoyed that they have not put up any details for weeks !! Someone being sloppy.

We do on here, for example, discuss certain intentions of new developments which would not have been so openly displayed in the past.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote