View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 22:05   #21
detectivefix

Re: swine flu case confirmed from hyndburn park school!

Hello

It is all a bit scary. I was reading in the paper today that they are giving up trying to contain the virus. I.e, they wont be shutting any more schools or trying to chase the source of the infection if found in someone. But they will still carry on with quarantines.

Also they have said that tamiflu may not be the answer but a vaccine is coming soon. Children under 5, the frail, and the elderly will get it.

I work in a school and weeks back when all this started the first thing that i thought was that surely it would be a good idea to send out letters home asking if your children had been away (specifically Mexico) recently. But as far as i know nothing happened.

The paper also states that soon (before the summers out) 40 people could be dying a day in the UK from this if it carries on spreading as it has been doing.

I feel that I'm not a stupid person but i feel utterly confused by all this swine flu business. If it is as serious as it is made out to be then surely the government/council should issue an information pamphlet. Stating key information such as How to tell, how to avoid, what to do, and where to get treatment.

I think the record needs setting straight on this issue.

Matt
detectivefix is offline   Reply With Quote