View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 09:18   #10
jaysay
Resting in Peace

Re: Bye-election in Ossy

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Naughty, naughty Jaysay .. you know full well who it is ... object to that slightly ... Dorothy is lovely and worked hard within the LCC for Oswaldtwistle. Agree with Garinda, if my ward, wouldn't hesitate to put my cross against her name on the voting form.
I just want some one from my town to represent me from whichever part but preferably Tory, Dorothy maybe nice but ain't it time to call it a day when your in your mid 75s. Ossy Con Ass have a local rule, which is, if you want to stand as a candidate to represent an Ossy Ward on HBC you MUST live in Ossy end of. Speaks volumes For Ossy Labour party when they can't field a local candidate. The reason I just used Clayton Woman kate is simple, during an election campaign I will never ever use an opposition candidates name never have ever will, in letters leaflet or even now on sites like this, which didn't exist when I was active, why publicise your opponents name, people don't remember whats written on leaflets or in letters, but they do remember names. I can remember the chap who printed our leaflets in the 80s early 90s always telling me, a political leaflet is only as good as it takes to read between the front door and the Dust Bin, people DO remember names

Last edited by jaysay; 05-07-2009 at 09:27.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote