View Single Post
Old 09-07-2009, 16:16   #116
maccawozzagod
God Member

Re: A.S.F.C. FF Bid.....

it probably won't be a stumbling block to be honest. Only my opinion mind you.

The problem is if we/Ilyas puts in £250,000 and they blow the money then that is it. We have nothing to show for it etc etc. The point of a share allocation is that we (you and I and everyone who wants to get involved with the FF as and when that side gets up and running) gets full involvement for the money. The FF is/will be owned and run by the fans, we get full say in what happens with the money.

The best example is that I reckon we need 5 full time top paid sales professionals on board at £50k per year each, but Coley reckons we need 5 top class strikers on board at £50k each. The first lot would enable us to have the second lot next year and paid for, but if we got the second lot first then if we did not achieve promotion straight away we wouldn't be able to have them next year and we wouldn't have the sales staff neither.

Eric has always gone for the second lot (short term fix) and ignored the first lot (long term fix) and that is what has got us where we are now - football league but with no money and no visible means of kicking on from here.

We don't yet know what The Don has in mind so its difficult to say what the future has in store, but the FF is there for if and when the **** hits the fan (kinda already has?) so the monies need to be carefully looked after.