Thread: jack russell
View Single Post
Old 23-07-2009, 21:30   #11
glasgow guy
Senior Member+

Re: jack russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
they are aggressive, i certainly wouldnt have one near a young child, my sis got bit by one a few years ago, she was only walking past the darn thing...and they are yappy little blighters

so my answer would be NO dont get it...but thats just my opinion

they are the only breed of dog i cant stand...and i love dogs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
They are single-minded, stubborn, aggressive, and hyper .... probably the complete antithesis of your lab. However, if your house is infested with rats, the JRT would be a good choice. I can take my Rottis to the off-leash park, no problem. They get along great with the other dogs; but the JRT ... no way.
I am inclined to say what alot of bollocks but I wont...

haveing been brought up with jack russells and bred them also - in the wrong hands they are as dangerous as any other dog that walks BUT in the correct hands with the correct upbringing and training they are lovely dogs - it is a misconception that they are little ankle biters - obviously the ones you have encountered had a difficult life and were not happy..

pretty much like rottis - they are big scarey devil dogs that shouldnt be out during the day so people will tell you - but in actual fact they are big loveable squidgy faced things - again in the wrong hands they are fearsome beasts..

the point I am trying to make is that any dog can be a loving happy companion in the right hands..

I have a JRT and its the softest thing ever - he is scared of cats and rabbits!...and around my little one who is nearly 2 - well he is scared of little one as he is fed up getting his ears pulled - its a great laugh for the little one but not for the dog
and for a JRT to be a decent ratter they are best from farm stock when mum and dad would be ratters also - a JRT born in a normal family environment will be no better a ratter than a pekinese..

if you lab is 6 years old and the JRT is 18 months - I would not worry about the lab - as it will put the pup in place as it will be the alpha dog. and also at 18 months - its still young and can easily be trained by a loving owner.

hard hat is on waiting for the replys..

Last edited by glasgow guy; 23-07-2009 at 21:34.
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote