View Single Post
Old 26-07-2009, 21:09   #532
DAV007
Senior Member+

Re: Sky news players charged bury game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Of course, the internal enquiry is interesting. Who held the enquiry? Were they told the truth? If so, how long has the club known the truth?
I doubt the club wish to disclose publicly any findings from an internel investigation. We can only presume the players lied to coleman/Bell/club official and denied the bets. I doubt Coeleman would have played or involved either Williams or Cavanagh last season if they revealed the truth prior to the FA's verdict.

i can think of 3 possibilitys,
1. Coleman felt Williams wasnt worth another try (lets be honest only an average league 2 player and now aged 29) and released him in some what strange circumstances (no phone call),
2. Stanley got a 'hint' from an FA source prior to the official release that Williams was guilty at the end of the season and no further contact to the player was made,
3. Stanley knew all along and kept quiet as they where short on players/money and where more concerned with staying up, thus kept williams on the staff and kept quiet until it was proven by the fa.

Either way, it would be nice to find out.

regardless of what comes out, we have all lost out of this and we can expect plenty of jibes this coming season.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote