View Single Post
Old 27-07-2009, 15:45   #24
Less
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: I'm thinking of getting a puppy....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
..... can anyone offer any advice about the type of dog to get?

I don't want a big dog but on the other hand I don't want one of those toy things - I'm thinking something along the lines of a Jack Russell but I've heard they can be quite high maintenance. Chris likes Border Collies but a friend of mine had one a while back and it was mad! A border collie is also a bit bigger than I was thinking.

I've always had cats in the past so this is new to me but I'm going into it with my eyes open and doing all my research first.

So, any advice would be appreciated.
O.K. so you want advice about what dog you should have, go for a dog you can live with, if Chris is able due to time to look after a Border Collie, including walks, grooming, keeping it busy, then you haven't got a problem.

But then you would have a problem with any dog, they all need, walks, grooming, keeping busy, better to get a dog he is prepared to spend time with than a dog that is just a pet you can put up with because of convenience.

Hey, I've learnt something from having a cat, a pet is a pet, and each pet needs looking after.

(as an aside, I've had dog's and bitches, I prefer bitches, they argue more but, what then hey, they put up with less attention)!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote