Thread: brown just go.
View Single Post
Old 27-07-2009, 22:44   #153
Royboy39
God Member

Re: brown just go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
We are spiralling towards a Cameron Government. There is no point denying it. Modern opinion polling is much more accurate.

I do not think Cameron has any real idea how to govern or the problems he faces, both policy and personnel wise (eg a Trojan Horse of 200 southern Tories demanding tax cuts).

The idea of sweeping Labour away is a fanciful panacea that hasn't worked at LCC. After getting elected the truth dawned on the Tories. It is well run, it has a good financial position and you can't ban potholes. Further, despite all the hoopla, the first decision that took 3 weeks to decide was to increase Tory allowances and privileges despite everything said on the doorstep. Cameron will be faced with 'real politics' rather than sailing along of a feather bed of media indulgence against Labour.

Governing isn't easy but Cameron and Osborne are implying to people that it is. And like local Tories banning pot holes, national Tories want to confiscate mobile phones from kids (without any paperwork) as a way of cutting crime. How long before angry parents/voters take it out at the ballot box against the Government?

The Tories can say anything and they should win. The problem is winning, there is no coherent next.
Graham....I'm sure you would not wish the good people of Accyweb to list the blatent cock ups that the current administration have made during their reign.
I, as a pensioner, 30% worse off. Higher airport taxes than anyone in Europe, Higher taxes than anyone for alcohol and tobacco. Higher fuel taxation, The tobacco ban in the UK has destroyed whatever freedom we had to go to the local and have a pint with mates who enjoy a smoke/
The Spanish Governmet chose to ignore that ban and we in Spain can still enjoy a smoke with friends in comfort.
It comes across that the only way to defeat the toriies is to attack and that is getting a bit tiresome.
The coherant next is Brown out of No 10

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote