View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 09:47   #35
Gayle
God Member

Re: I need a lookalike Mayor circa 1909

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
These were the schools that took part...

'Cambridge Street, St. Anne's, St. Mary Magdalene's, Hargreaves Street, St. Andrew's, St. Mary's Woodnook, Spring Hill, St. John's, Hyndburn Park, Benjamin Hargreaves, St. Peter's, St. Oswald's, St. John's Baxenden, Green Haworth and St. James.'

Peel Park and the Coppice - History of Peel Park and the Coppice

I wonder if anyone has a medal that's been passed down?

I've never seen one.

I have invited all the schools in Accrington to take part in the procession in September - about 10 of them have got back to me. All the schools involved will be doing flags/banners, in the same way as we did them for the Oswaldtwistle War Memorial procession - it looked really good as they were walking along with them.

I haven't sent specific invites to every school in the borough but that doesn't mean they're not welcome, so if any other schools want to send representation and bring their own banner they can do.

Also, I'd like to hear from scout, brownie, girl guide, sea cadets etc - if they would like to send a representative group they are also welcome to do so.

I have seen a medal and we will be giving out some sort of medal/badge (we don't have a huge budget so it may just be a badge) to all the children who take part this time.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote