View Single Post
Old 06-08-2009, 22:58   #41
Retlaw
I am Banned

Re: Oswaldtwistle War Memorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossymark View Post
With the cover to the memorial now removed does anybody know if they are correcting the error or is it to stay as it is?

Mark
Are you refering to the crappy blue plastic with the pictures on it, by errors do you mean the names.

In the Lancs Telegraph July 9th britcliffe says he has invited Mr Holmes to write to me and if he choses to point out these mistakes I will have them rechecked.

What planet is he on, he has never contacted me, and who is going to do the checking. Does he seriously believe that the compilers of those plaques are going to admit to any mistakes. There is also the fact that many names are missing. Is he going to get them to check those as well, if they did'nt find them first time round, will the succeed in a recheck.

Highly unlikely, they would have to read every page of the Accrington Observer, Accrington Gazette, Blackburn Weekly Telegraph, Haslingden Gazette from August 1914 to December 1919, plus the Burnley and Chorley newpapers for 1916, which I have done, and still do. I photographed the orginals over 4 years ago.
Even the harrogate tripe dresser has corrected one of the errors they included, from his website.

Retlaw.

Last edited by Retlaw; 06-08-2009 at 23:01.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote