Thread: Landlords
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 23:53   #27
g jones
Senior Member+

Re: Landlords

I am only two blocks further away. I have the two worst families, one at the back ond one on my block.

It all feels like ordinary people don't matter.

Anyway - the list of achievements;

landlord licensing nearing starting. Spoke with MD today. On track. Will cover most terraced housing.

Visual Blight. I have personally dragged the Council from doing nothing to being effective. Todays meeting included the scummy house on Orange St. I have worked my nuts off for you to get to where we are. Rotten householders are being dealt with with a big stick. Under Labour the stick will be twice as thick and twice as long. The Tories simply do not understand but the public keep voting for softly softly do little policies.

Thirdly I will again be asking Council to scrap all Council Tax discounts to private landlords. Again the public voted for this administration which opposes what I have proposed.

With the police we are profiling the scroats backed up with action. April saw 3 more evictions/flits out of problem properties. Another one is coming.

I personally have fought to get master planning and regen in East Accrington.

I have spent 4 years setting up Neighbourhood Management with a long list of efforts. One property on Cedar has been fined over a £1000 twice and there was a bog fine on a neighbouribg Street.

I have recently done a bog piece of work on law to change from hopeless diary sheets to fixed penalty notices for noise nuisance.

I am currently trying to make the Coincil respond to boarded up properties which are illegal.

Most of this is happening in our area. I have also tidied up the gable end at the bottom.

I am working as hard as o ever have. It's the public who are to blame for shamefully and complacently allowing a Tory Council in who clearly not interested in policies that help ordinary people.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote