Thread: Landlords
View Single Post
Old 13-08-2009, 06:53   #46
Restless
Senior Member+

Re: Landlords

thing about landlords. How do they always manage to screw you out of your money when you're leaving a property.

I have had and seen several negative experiences with landlords. My first was around 1998ish when i lived in the flat above the post office on blackburn road. There was an electric meter and i had to go and get old 50p from the old robbing bastard downstairs who owned the post office. I was paying for gas in that flat. Stupid me not knowing about the heating there was run by electric & the oven run by electric. Only the post office downstairs had gas installed. I later found this out by bashir who runs the post office now when i mentioned how the hell did i run up a gas bill of 300£ when i left it was still owing.

Worst living conditions i have seen are bedsits. In my experience they are horrible places to live just by the fact you have to share your kitchen and bathroom with complete strangers. Alan duffy owned them on wellington street where i was stopping. I didn't even have a lock on my door to the room because he wouldn't fix it, every time i came home the guy across the hall came in and 'borrowed' my stereo. Eventually i was robbed by one of his druggy friends. Incidently this was on wellington street and from the window of the back bedsits you can see.....THE POLICE STATION!!

Even worst there was bedsits in a large property on hartman street. Two of my friends lived there. Only good thing to come out of that place was meeting a guy there and becoming friends. So you walk through the door and you have 2 doors left and right. On the left my friend lived. It was a average sized living room leading to another smaller bedroom. A bedroom which was also a kitchen...well not a kitchen but a bedroom that had an oven smack dead in the middle of a carpeted room...no kidding!!. On the right i never seen in the room, nor would i want to. I'm guessing the actual kitchen must of been in there. A heroin addict named dennis lived there and thought he was god(it actually said lord dennis thompson on his mail) only good thing about him was he didn't wash and who wants to share a bathroom with a smackhead. Upstairs you see 2 doors. one leading to a bathroom and the other to my friends room. A small room that has a door in the opposite corner from where you enter. You go through this door there the tiniest of lobby's. In this lobby was an oven and a fridge and you had to squash through to get into the bedroom. The guy that owned it used to be the Asian guy that owned the newspaper shop next to the second hand shop around the corner and he should of been prosecuted

Incidently the 2 friends moved into bedsits(of which was apparently named flats though kitchen and bathroom was also shared). In the old butcher shop on park road. Living conditions wasn't as bad but the funny part is he never even bothered to remove the tiles or the hooks from the ceiling!!!

Last edited by Restless; 13-08-2009 at 06:59.
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web