Old 18-08-2009, 22:56   #140
cashman
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Landlords

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
So, what do you do about the idiots next door that own their own property ? Not all the 'scumbags' as have been labelled are in rented property. It is just a social problem.

Problem with some landlords is that they will not always act on the enforcements, to improve their property, that are in place, and are quite happy to sit back and wait for a CPO (compulsory purchase order) from the council ... which, as ours, do not always have the money to implement.
whilst i agree some homeowners are scumbags i would acess they are the minority, i don't call it a social problem though, its n Antisocial problem. someone touched on the root cause to me, the "Sale Of Council Houses" that was one of the worst errors any government ever made. whilst it was ok fer the decent folk i knew n worked with many that bought, it was also good fer quite a few scumbags, cos the simple fact was, ya bought from the council, which sold very cheaply the mortgage was then LESS than they were paying rent, therefore leaving more dosh fer booze etc etc, then as already stated, the rental stock was well depleted n never replaced. its a gigantic balls up going back decades, n many are too dense to see it. this to me has caused many good folk to become less tolerant,cos now the lunatics are running the asylum, n good folk have become the minority as far as justice n fair play mean.